Instructor Steps for Reporting Scholastic Dishonesty
- If you suspect scholastic dishonesty, record the incident immediately while it is fresh in your mind. Gather information and evidence. Keep relevant documents until the matter is resolved.
- Talk to the student about the matter. Ask questions. Listen. Share why you suspect scholastic dishonesty. Take notes.
- Decide whether scholastic dishonesty occurred and what academic penalty is fair to assign. Click on this link for guidelines in determining an academic penalty.
- If you determine scholastic dishonesty has occurred, inform the student of their academic sanction and that you will be reporting the incident.
- Fill out and submit the scholastic dishonesty report form