Reporting Scholastic Dishonesty
Instructors are required to report incidents of scholastic dishonesty to the Office for Community Standards (OCS). Click the link just below to complete an online report form for scholastic dishonesty.
Please include the following information on the report form
- Full name of the student you are reporting along with their University of Minnesota student identification number
- Your name, title, and contact information
- College in which the incident occurred
- Course designator, course number and course term
- Description of the incident
- Short description of your meeting wit the student and their response
- Academic penalty that you, as the instructor, determined.
- Supporting documentation, such as the assignment that contained plagiarism and the source material.
- Syllabus for the class
If you would like a copy of the report, please click the box at the bottom of the form.
Our office has put together some sanctioning guidelines for different types of scholastic dishonesty
Need to Consult?
If you have questions or would like to discuss an incident before submitting a report, please contact our office at 612-624-6073 or email us at email@example.com.
Additional information for instructors about the process of responding to scholastic dishonesty and preventing scholastic dishonesty is available online. For more information and a printable guide, go to our Academic Integrity Brochure.
Academic Integrity Matters
Academic Integrity Matters (AIM) is a program offered to students who have been accused of scholastic dishonesty and accept responsibility for violating the Student Conduct Code. Eligible students participate in a community meeting where they discuss the impact of scholastic dishonesty and agree to participate in educational opportunities to demonstrate understanding of academic integrity. Upon successful completion of the program, student records will become “non-disciplinary”.